Under the Spanish, Equatorial Guinea achieved high literacy rates and developed a good network of health care facilities. It is the smallest country in continental Africa, and the richest per capita, though oil wealth is concentrated in the hands of few. The UN says less than half the population has access to clean water.
Glorious Mysteries: Intentions for Equatorial Guinea
1. For people to have access to water and improved sanitation
2. For government to address the disparity between rich and poor
3. For the poor to have a share in the riches of the land
4. For the state to continue making progress in transparency over oil revenues.
5. For children to be protected from violence and exploitation.