Eight hundred volcanic and coral islands make up the Pacific nation of Fiji. Since 1987, racial and political tensions between the indigenous Fijians and the Indo-Fijians have been a source of instability and international isolation. In 2009 it was suspended from the British Commonwealth over its lack of progress towards democracy.
Glorious Mysteries: Intentions for Fiji
1. That fishermen and all who work at sea may have bountiful harvest.
2. That Fiji be welcomed back to the British Commonwealth by putting in place needed reforms.
3. That the ethnic groups may settle their differences peacefully.
4. That social and health services may be made available to the poor.
5. That the level of water supply improve, and people have access to clean and safe drinking water.