The Maltese archipelago lies south of the Italian island of Sicily. It has a long history of colonial rule starting with the Phoenicians and ending with the British. It gained its independence in 1964, is a member of the EU.
Glorious Mysteries: Intentions for Malta
1. For continued cooperation with its neighbors in the Mediterranean including Turkey.
2. For the success of the country’s humanitarian efforts in Libya in the form of health care and scholarships to students.
3. For employment opportunities for all who seek it.
4. For humane treatment of refugees.
5. For Christians to answer the call to sanctity.