Modern Turkey encompasses cosmopolitan centers, pastoral farming villages, barren wastelands, peaceful Aegean coastlines, and steep mountain regions. The modern secular republic was established by Kemal Ataturk; in its bid to join the European Union, it introduced substantial human rights and economic reforms.
Glorious Mysteries: Intentions for Turkey
1. For the military to support duly elected governments.
2. For continued progress toward democracy.
3. For closer cooperation between Turkey and her neighbors.
4. For the government to control its borders and illegal migration.
5. For the people of this ever-ancient and ever-new land to end religious discrimination and return church properties to Christians.