Turkmenistan has been populated since ancient times, as armies marched along toward more prosperous territories. Today, it is an authoritarian state, with efforts focused on centralizing state control. In 2007, equal rights were granted to women, but women continue to face discrimination. Corruption is pervasive.
Glorious Mysteries: Intentions for Turkmenistan
1. For increased public awareness on the issue of human trafficking.
2. For government to prevent and prosecute human traffickers.
3. For economic reforms to create more employment opportunities and to lift people out of poverty.
4. For government to develop strategies on climate change.
5. For civil society to find the courage to oppose corruption.