Christian missionaries entered the country in the 1870s. Today President Museveni has largely put an end to gross human rights abuses and initiated economic liberalization and press freedom. A bill is under debate that will criminalize homosexuality.
Glorious Mysteries: Intentions for Uganda
1. That Ugandans may live free from war and conflict.
2. That rebels, gangs and militia resolve to put down the sword.
3. That the 1.2 million people suffering from AIDS receive help
4. That the Church may be revived and purified
5. That Charles Lwanag and the young martyrs of Uganda continue to inspire the youth of today to be loyal to Jesus and his teachings.