Dear Jesus, Father Peyton devoted his priestly life to strengthening the families of the world by calling them to pray together every day, especially the Rosary. His message is as important for us now as it was during his life on earth. We beg you, therefore, to hasten the day of his beatification so that your faithful people everywhere will remember his message that the family that prays together stays together, will imitate him in his devotion to your Mother and ours, and will be inspired by his holy life to draw ever closer to you with childlike confidence and love. Amen.
Benefits of Praying the Family Rosary – by Father Peyton
- To establish the presence of God in the home; “For where two or three are gathered together for my sake, there I am in the midst of them” (Matthew XVIII, 20).
- To provide an example for the younger members of the family to carry on throughout life.
- To strengthen the parents’ feelings of responsibility toward the children’s spiritual life.
- To establish and maintain a peaceful spirit within the family.
- To obtain the special grace that is gained through oral collective prayer, which has a special value of its own.
- To create a means to understanding, unity, respect and obedience within the family group.
- To assure the discipline of the will implied in the faithful attention to family prayer.
- To enlist this aid to faith as a means of keeping alive a solid living practical faith in the family.
- To pray for spiritual and material needs of the family, such as sustenance, health, forgiveness, strength of perseverance and strength against temptation.
- To serve as a reminder to offer indulgences for deceased members of the family.
- To petition for success for each member of the family in his or her vocation in life.
- To gain plenary indulgences that are attached to the daily recitation of the family Rosary.