The “Crossroads of Asia” has had a turbulent history. Alexander the Great, Genghis Khan, the Soviet Union all came in conquest. The Taliban with their extreme interpretation of Islam came to power in the 1990s. Landmines affect virtually every province and the country must deal with 5 million returning refugees.
Joyful Mysteries: Intentions for Afghanistan
1. For peace to come to the people of Afghanistan.
2. For the eradication of land mines.
3. For the dignified treatment of refugees.
4. For perseverance in the development of a democratic society.
5. For Afghan women to receive the respect they deserve.