A land of narrow valleys and mountainous landscapes, Andorra is the last independent survivor of the March states, created by Charlemagne to keep the Moors from advancing into France. For more than 700 years, it has been ruled jointly by the leader of France and the Spanish Bishop of Urgel. Andorrans are a minority in their own country. Thriving tourism is the mainstay of the economy.
Joyful Mysteries: Intentions for Andorra
1. That economic prosperity may not blind Andorrans to the Gospel.
2. That leaders may responsibly chart the nation’s future.
3. That the beauty of Andorra be preserved.
4. That the Church raise strong believers to witness to Christ.
5. That the elderly may have access to health care.