Angola was colonized by the Portuguese, and became the largest source of slaves for the Americas. It is one of Africa’s major oil producers but also one of the world’s poorest countries. 27 years of civil war ended in 2002; the country now faces the daunting task of rebuilding its infrastructure.
Joyful Mysteries: Intentions for Angola
1. That Angolans continue to heal from 27 years of civil war
2. That Angola find resources to resettle 4 million displaced persons
3. That landmines be cleared from the countryside
4. That the Lord bless Angola with bountiful harvests.
5. That health services improve for the most vulnerable