In 301 AD, Armenia became the first nation to adopt Christianity as a state religion. Situated along the Great Silk Road, it has felt the influence of many empires. It is trying to address its environmental problems and the huge Diaspora that has seen a quarter of the population emigrating since 1990.
Joyful Mysteries: Intentions for Armenia
1. For the Armenian Diaspora.
2. For families separated by economic necessity.
3. For traditions of the Eastern Churches to be known & esteemed.
4. For diplomatic solutions to the conflict with Azerbaijan.
5. For authorities to respond effectively to environmental problems.