Bangladesh has a rich historical and cultural past. Though today, one of the world’s poorest, most densely populated, it has made major strides in meeting the food needs of the population. Highly vulnerable to natural disasters, it benefits from international aid; the presence of NGOs addresses the need for government accountability.
Joyful Mysteries: Intentions for Bangladesh
1. For an end to the practice of human trafficking.
2. For spiritual and material comfort for victims of natural disasters.
3. For all people to have access to clean water.
4. For families separated by economic necessity.
5. For progress that respects human rights and the integrity of Creation.