An independent state after the break-up of Yugoslavia in the 1990s, Bosnia Herzegovina is today under international administration, backed by NATO and a European Union peacekeeping force. The war completely destroyed the country’s infrastructure and displaced about 2 million people, about half the population.
Joyful Mysteries: Intentions for Bosnia Herzegovina
1. That the society ravaged by war may find new hope for the future.
2. That the country receive the help it needs to rebuild its infrastructure.
3. That the results of the last elections be respected.
4. That the system of decentralized government established in Dayton bring peace to Srpska.
5. That integration into the European Community bring stability.