The Cape Verde archipelago boasts spectacular rock formations created by the high winds of the Atlantic. The excellent harbor in Mindelo made it an important center of commerce. Poor in natural resources, prone to drought and with little arable land, it has nonetheless achieved economic stability and is today a stable democracy.
Joyful Mysteries: Intentions for Cape Verde
1. For a solution to the nation’s serious water shortages
2. For political will to stop shipment of Latin American cocaine destined for Western Europe.
3. For more government investment in education
4. For government leaders to serve with honesty and integrity
5. For family ties to remain strong in the midst of separation caused by economic necessity