Gabon is one of the least densely populated countries in West Africa. A stable democracy, its 40 ethnic groups maintain constant contact and interaction. French, the official language, is a unifying force. Gabon is noted for its efforts to preserve the natural environment. 11% of the territory is designated as part of the national park system.
Joyful Mysteries: Intentions for Gabon
1. That the government effectively ends the trafficking of children.
2. That public health efforts will control the sweep of infectious diseases
3. That Gabon’s abundant forests be used responsibly
4. That people of good will may offer an effective contribution to the promotion of education, justice, solidarity and peace
5. That jobs be created for the unemployed