Mayan civilization flourished in Guatemala long before the Spanish arrived in 1523. With 14 eco-regions ranging from mangrove forests to ocean littorals, it is one of the most beautiful countries in Central America. It has 252 listed wetlands, and some 1246 species of fauna.
Joyful Mysteries: Intentions for Guatemala
1. For the nation to heal from 36 years of war.
2. For society to stand up against government corruption.
3. For women who suffer from violence and discrimination.
4. For indigenous people mired in poverty.
5. For the poor children who are chronically malnourished.