Iceland holds all the characteristics of a very-close knit society. Literature and poetry are legendary passions with the population, with per capita publication of books and magazines ranking the highest in the world.
Joyful Mysteries: Intentions for Iceland
1. That Iceland may continue on the road of economic recovery following the debt crisis of 2008.
2. That Iceland take responsible action on the fishing of mackerel.
3. That the nation find resources to deal with volcanic eruptions.
4. That the government continue to invest in people and reap benefits in increased innovation.
5. For the effective policing of prostitution and human trafficking.