The state of Israel was created in 1948 as a homeland for Jews. It has fought 5 wars since against Arab forces. Its population is drawn from 100 countries, making Israeli society rich in cultural diversity and artistic creativity. Israel has several dance companies, theater groups, active artist colonies, chamber orchestras and 120 museums.
Joyful Mysteries: Intentions for Israel
1. That the Chosen People may come to live in peace with their neighbors
2. That the Jewish people whom God bound to himself in a holy Covenant, may be faithful to the one God
3. That the defense forces may succeed in keeping the peace
4. That refugees and minorities be treated with dignity
5. That political dialogue be conducted with civility and charity