Lesotho is a constitutional monarchy. Water is its only significant natural resource, and has made it almost completely self-sufficient in the production of electricity. The government has finalized a National Strategic Plan to deal with HIV/AIDS, which affects 50% of women under 40 in urban areas. Much of the country’s spectacular canyons remain untouched but developers have begun building roads to reach mineral and water resources.
Joyful Mysteries: Intentions for Lesotho
1. That Christ may ease the sufferings of those sick with AIDS
2. That government and industry may together create jobs for the many unemployed
3. That solidarity will lessen the extremes in income inequality
4. That young people may be preserved from exploitation
5. That Lesotho resolve controversies concerning its military