Located on the northern portion of the island of Cyprus, Northern Cyprus is a de facto independent state. Tensions between Greeks and Turks in 1974 ended with a military invasion by Turkey resulting in partition and resettlement of many inhabitants. It has received diplomatic recognition only from Turkey.
Joyful Mysteries: Intentions for Northern Cyprus
1. For a peaceful resolution to political divisions in the island.
2. For promotion of schemes for the training and re-training of the labor force.
3. For authorities to respect international laws concerning refugees.
4. For Christians among the expatriate student communities to be able to meet together for worship.
5. For government to ease restrictions on minorities and grant them the right to vote.