Oman adopted Islam in the 7th century, during the lifetime of Mohammed. Ibadhism, a form of Islam distinct from Shiaism and Sunnisim is the dominant sect, and is known for its moderate conservatism. Oman enjoys a high degree of internal stability, and among its attractions is the burgeoning capital of Muscat.
Joyful Mysteries: Intentions for Oman
1. For leaders to be enlightened in their programs of modernization
2. That the country peacefully transitions from a nomadic to an urban lifestyle
3. For harmony between generations in this period of change
4. For an increase in academic freedom and freedom of the press
5. That Christians may have the freedom to worship.