With oil as the cornerstone of its economy, Qatar’s growth has been stunning at an average 15%, and a per capita income projected to be the highest in the world. In 1995 the Crown Prince deposed his father to become emir. He introduced reforms including giving women the right to vote and stand for office, and press freedom, which gave birth to the Al Jazeera TV station.
Joyful Mysteries: Intentions for Qatar
1. For abundant resources to be developed wisely for the good of all
2. For the new constitution’s provision of religious freedom to be respected
3. For the Emir to be supported in his reform efforts
4. For migrant workers to be granted equal rights
5. For Filipinos in Qatar to be treated with justice and dignity