Russia’s educational system has produced nearly 100% literacy with great emphasis placed on science and technology. The unraveling of the Soviet Union and the physical and psychological traumas of transition resulted in a decline in the health of the Russian people. It faces a demographic crisis, with births lagging behind deaths, and a rise in HIV/AIDs cases.
Joyful Mysteries: Intentions for Russian Federation
1. For leaders to address the looming demographic crisis.
2. For society to address the issues of crime, drug abuse and family breakdown.
3. For a brighter future for the estimated million children living on the streets in Russia’s cities.
4. For peace and stability in this region of volatile tensions.
5. For workers to be safe in their places of employment.