One of the world’s smallest countries, San Marino is surrounded by Italy. Mount Titano dominates its landscape. Said to have been founded in the 4th century by a devout Christian stonemason named Marinus, its rugged isolation helped develop and keep its independence. Three million tourists visit every year.
Joyful Mysteries: Intentions for San Marino
1. That economic opportunities be available to all.
2. That the beauty of creation be valued as a precious gift from God.
3. That San Marino find success in athletic competition.
4. That the local Church be seen as a secure house built on strong foundation.
5. That the elderly and the sick be cared for.