Senegal is today held up as one of Africa’s model democracies with a multi-party system and a tradition of civilian rule. Although poverty is widespread, it has one of the region’s more stable economies. The government is known and respected for its diplomats and contributions to peacekeeping activities.
Joyful Mysteries: Intentions for Senegal
1. That economic reform will decrease dependence on foreign aid
2. That Senegal’s involvement in peacekeeping be recognized
3. That Senegalese migrant workers in Europe be treated fairly
4. That the country succeed in solving the acute energy shortage
5. That the government and insurgents in the south come to peace