The Korean War ended in 1953, though no peace agreement has been signed. South Korea has become one of the most affluent nations in Asia, powered by family owned industrial conglomerates, among them Hyundai and Samsung.
Joyful Mysteries: Intentions for South Korea
1. That conflicts with Pyongyang and Japan be settled diplomatically.
2. That society firmly reject corruption in politics and industry.
3. That the youth be protected from violence in the media.
4. That the Church may offer a path to those disillusioned with modernity.
5. That workers may be kept safe in their places of employment.