South Sudan became the newest member of the United Nations on July 9, 2011.
Sorrowful Mysteries: Intentions for South Sudan
1. That memories of war may turn the people to work for peace
2. That as it emerges from partition, North and South may discuss oil revenues in good faith.
3. That the North asks for reasonable transit fees in line with international norms for the oil that is pumped from the south.
4. For the success of the global eradication campaign against the guinea worm
5. That government discern the costs and benefits of the Grand Millennium Dam Project that may have a detrimental effect on wildlife