Its history from the 16th century records many able leaders including Mswati II, from whom Swazis derive their name. He sought aid from the British against the Zulus who threatened his kingdom. Today the monarch holds supreme powers.
Joyful Mysteries: Intentions for Swaziland
1. That government programs may reverse the scourge of HIV
2. That government may generate jobs to improve people’s lives, 69% of whom live below the poverty line
3. That government succeed in halting the trafficking of Swazi girls
4. That government succeed in halting forced labor of Swazi boys
5. That the nation address problems of soil depletion and the effects of drought and floods.