Thailand is the only country in south-east Asia to have escaped colonial rule. Buddhism and the monarchy have shaped Thai society and politics. The country’s recent political history has been turbulent, characterized by coups and popular protests.
Joyful Mysteries: Intentions for Thailand
1. For peaceful dialogue between the political parties.
2. For different sectors of society to reach out in ways that will ensure peace for the nation.
3. For sweatshop workers to receive better wages.
4. For freedom from the corruption that protects the sex trade.
5. For peaceful transition after the reign of King Bhumibol.