Stone-age implements, pebble tools and ruins of stone buildings give evidence of early civilization. Zimbabwe today has one of Africa’s highest literacy rates, with a network of private and mission schools, and higher education offered at 7 state-run universities. Its current economic and food crisis is the country’s worst humanitarian crisis.
Joyful Mysteries: Intentions for Zimbabwe
1. That industries implement safeguards to prevent pollution
2. That political and economic reform may put an end to hyper-inflation
3. That families devastated by AIDS may find the support they need
4. That the Church may take its role in responding to society’s needs
5. That Zimbabwe see the dawn of enlightened, honest leadership