An estimated 70% of the nuclear fallout from the 1986 accident at Chernobyl landed on Belorusian territory and about 20% of the land remains contaminated. The country faces growing air, land, and water pollution from potash mining in the south of the country. It remains heavily dependent on Russia for its energy needs.
Luminous Mysteries: Intentions for Belarus
1. That nature heal from the contamination of Chernobyl.
2. That cooperation with the regions of the Russian Federation bring political stability and economic growth.
3. That government succeed in meeting the fiscal targets set by IMF.
4. That the unemployed may find work.
5. That leaders respect human rights and release political prisoners.