In 1810, citizens of Bogota became the first to defy Spanish authority. Today, Colombia benefits from its long tradition of constitutional government that has helped in its struggle against drug cartels. Its ethnically diverse population has produced a rich cultural heritage. Ecologically, it is among the world’s mega-diverse countries.
Luminous Mysteries: Intentions for Colombia
1. That the state effectively control paramilitary criminal groups.
2. That the government be wise in its budget, giving provision to those burdened with poverty and unemployment
3. That the rich heritage of culture and nature be valued and preserved
4. That the authorities succeed in cutting down production of cocaine
5. That the nation recover from the tyranny of the drug barons