A history of more than 20 coups since 1975 has left Comoros poor, at times teetering on the brink of disintegration. Koranic schools reinforce the influence of Islam. Its lava-encrusted soil is unsuitable for agriculture. The government must deal with issues of human trafficking and forced recruitment.
Luminous Mysteries: Intentions for Comoros
1. That the government may find the resources and the political will to end human trafficking and forced recruitment.
2. That the nation may create economic growth and move out of poverty.
3. That the people may be given more opportunities for education
4. That industries may generate jobs to absorb the unemployed
5. That Comoros will qualify for debt relief in 2012