Eritrea is considered the most likely location of the land known to ancient Egyptians as Punt. Following independence from Ethiopia, Eritrea had to build institutions of government from scratch. It is still unable to provide enough food, with two thirds of the population receiving food aid. Currently, no civil liberties are allowed.
Luminous Mysteries: Intentions for Eritrea
1. For the nation to heal from the civil war that led to secession.
2. For people to have sufficient bread for their daily needs.
3. For continued humanitarian assistance to the millions of famine victims and refugees
4. For improved access and more years of compulsory education
5. For sound economic management to take root