Jamaica’s political system is stable but serious economic problems, high unemployment and underemployment, have exacerbated social problems. Jamaica is a source, transit, and destination country for women and children trafficked for the purpose of sexual exploitation and forced labor. Child labor practices remain a concern.
Luminous Mysteries: Intentions for Jamaica
1. That children may be loved and protected from exploitation.
2. That society may recognize the valuable contribution of women.
3. That authorities may effectively deal with drug trafficking and money-laundering.
4. That authorities can put an end to violent crime and gang violence.
5. That the natural beauty of the island may be preserved.