The Principality of Monaco is the second-smallest independent state in the world, after Vatican City. Low taxes have drawn many foreign companies to Monaco, and tourism drives the economy. A constitutional monarchy headed by Prince Albert, it is surrounded on three sides by France, occupying under 2 sq km of the Cote d’Azur.
Luminous Mysteries: Intentions for Monaco
1. That affluence may not blind the Monegasques to the painful reality of the majority in the world who live in poverty.
2. That the leaders may be wise stewards of the nation’s resources.
3. That Christians may rediscover Jesus.
4. That business and community leaders conduct themselves with integrity.
5. That the elderly and the sick receive the comfort and care they need.