More than 200 volcanic and coral islands make up the nation of Palau in the northern Pacific. Palau favors sustainable tourism, which along with foreign aid is the mainstay of the economy. Tourists are attracted to Palau’s diverse and pristine marine environment, and above-water tropical beauty.
Luminous Mysteries: Intentions for Palau
1. That despite the asylum granted to Chinese Uighurs, relations with China may be restored and investments renewed.
2. That tourism be conscientious in conserving the environment.
3. That the coastal storms program, that seeks to help Palau prepare for hazardous conditions, may continue to receive funding.
4. That the elderly and the sick may have access to health care.
5. That the international community act on global warming that poses a threat to Palau’s existence.