The Somali coastline extends 2,720 km. The Cushitic populations living on the coast have an ancient history. 60% today are nomads or semi-nomads who raise cattle, camels, sheep. 16 years of anarchy ended in 2004 but continuing instability has recently led to the emergence of a Somalia-based maritime piracy in the form of hijacking vessels and crews for ransom.
Glorious Mysteries: Intentions for Somalia
1. For the men suffering the trauma of war
2. For families who lost loved ones during the war
3. For the safety of the refugees who are searching for a new life
4. For women who have experienced rape and exploitation
5. For Somalis to realize the deadly effects of “qat” the narcotic that has had a devastating effect on large segments of society