Home of the ancient city of Carthage, Tunisia has long been an important player in the Mediterranean and is today a voice of moderation and realism in the Middle East. It has invested heavily in education, but providing jobs for the highly educated populace presents a challenge. Popular street protests in 2011 led President to exile
Luminous Mysteries: Intentions for Tunisia
1. That victims of oppression may gain justice, freedom, and peace
2. That street protests may end with fair, clean, orderly elections
3. That security forces maintain peace while respecting people’s right to free speech.
4. That government and industry succeed in creating more jobs
5. That ethnic minorities be treated with dignity and equality