Albania is a small mountainous country in the Balkan peninsula. The birthplace of Blessed Teresa of Calcutta, its Muslim majority is a legacy of centuries of Ottoman rule. It became a Stalinist state after World War II, transitioning to democracy in 1990. Albania is distinguished for its rich biological diversity in three eco-regions, with over 3000 plant species, around 30% of flora found in Europe.
Sorrowful Mysteries: Intentions for Albania
1. That political parties may find common ground for the good of all.
2. That results of elections be respected.
3. That growth in the textile and footwear industry may increase job opportunities.
4. That miners be given good wages and better working conditions.
5. That Albania’s rich biological diversity be protected.