Australia’s cultural achievements bear distinctive features evolving from the environment and aboriginal culture. The vigor and originality of its arts, and the skill and talents of its athletes are internationally renowned. Australia’s growing orientation towards its Asian neighbors is reflected in its economic policy. Isolated from other continents, Australia has an abundance of plant and animal life.
Sorrowful Mysteries: Intentions for Australia
1. That Australia continues to be a force for peace in the region.
2. That Australians continue to share with justice the resources of the earth, and live in goodwill with one another.
3. That Australian youth may be encouraged to live in truth.
4. That Australia’s sports programs continue to develop world-class athletes.
5. That the government respond efficiently to natural disasters.