Site of the ancient Bronze Age civilization of Dilmun, Bahrain is now one of the most densely populated countries in the world, with foreign laborers accounting for 49% of total population. Oil revenues are invested in developing advanced educational facilities. People took to the streets in 2011 demanding more freedom.
Sorrowful Mysteries: Intentions for Bahrain
1. That migrant workers be welcomed and treated with dignity
2. That violence against citizens come to an end, and justice and peace be restored.
3. That tensions between Sunnis and Shi’ites be peacefully resolved
4. That there be more initiatives to improve the rights of women
5. That Christians in Bahrain will seek to be salt and light in society