Belgium is one of Europe’s true melting pots. Language, economic and political differences between Flanders and Wallonia have led to divisions in Belgian society. Its capital, Brussels, is the headquarters of the European Union and NATO. It is famous for its culinary tradition, especially chocolate and beer.
Sorrowful Mysteries: Intentions for Belgium
1. That Belgians may find strength in their diversity.
2. That Belgium be protected from the threats of jihadists after banning the wearing of face-covering burqas in public.
3. That government may succeed in narrowing the budget deficit.
4. That Belgium continue its contributions to peace-keeping.
5. That Belgians assist international campaigns for food safety.