Benin was the seat of the great medieval African Kingdom of Abomey until it was conquered by the French. It is now one of Africa’s most stable democracies, though it faces sporadic clashes along its border with Burkina Faso and must deal with problems of human trafficking and forced recruitment.
Sorrowful Mysteries: Intentions for Benin
1. For economic growth to lift people out of poverty
2. For modernization of agriculture to improve the lives of farmers
3. For the poor to feel relief from the reduction of foreign debt
4. For people to have access to electricity
5. For the success of public health drives in slashing diseases like hepatitis A and typhoid