Burundi has a density of 300 persons per sq km, most of who live on subsistence farms. Since gaining independence in 1961, it has been plagued by tensions between the Hutu majority and the Tutsi minority who are politically and economically dominant. The bloody civil war ended in 2006.
Sorrowful Mysteries: Intentions for Burundi
1. That all people may grow in harmony through mutual respect
2. That children be respected and preserved from violence
3. For enduring reconciliation among the Hutu and Tutsi
4. That health services and medicines may be made available to those who need it most.
5. That Burundi succeed in generating more electricity