The Nobel laureate Niels Bohr, the writers Hans Christian Andersen and Karen Blixen, the philosopher Soeren Kierkegaard, were all Danes. Its rich intellectual heritage and long history dating back to the Vikings affords Danes skepticism on European union.
Sorrowful Mysteries: Intentions for Denmark
1. For government to institute independent investigation of police brutality incidences.
2. For Denmark to continue its diligence in respect of human rights.
3. For Danes to share their expertise with developing countries.
4. For Danes to continue receiving comprehensive health care.
5. For continued efforts to control human trafficking to Denmark.