Ghana’s history, derived from oral tradition, dates back to the 15th century. Ghana, meaning “Warrior King”, was once called the Gold Coast. The Government of Ghana supports free, compulsory, universal basic education, with 3.5% of GDP budgeted for education.
Sorrowful Mysteries: Intentions for Ghana
1. That deforestation, overgrazing and soil erosion be curtailed
2. That Ghana sustain its efforts to check the re-emergence of theguinea worm
3. That the government’s anti-corruption agenda may succeed
4. That authorities succeed in controlling the transit of heroin.
5. That authorities end poaching and habitat destruction that threatens wildlife populations