Greece was inhabited as early as the Paleolithic period and by 3000BC had become home to a culture whose art remains among the most evocative in world history. It is the birthplace of democracy, Western philosophy, the Olympic Games, and both tragedy and comedy in Western drama.
Sorrowful Mysteries: Intentions for Greece
1. That Greece may succeed in its efforts at fiscal consolidation.
2. That the Greek economy may recover from its debt crisis.
3. That structural adjustment policies take into account the need for a new source of funds for the productive sectors.
4. That pollution of rivers resulting from industrial waste be halted.
5. That Greek art and philosophy may continue to inspire the world.