Voodoo was recognized by the government as a religion in 2003. Haitians see no conflict in these African-rooted beliefs coexisting with Christian faith. Great value is placed on education but few can afford the cost of education. A devastating earthquake struck in 2010.
Sorrowful Mysteries: Intentions for Haiti
1. That the nation may continue to heal from the devastating 2010 earthquake.
2. That children may be preserved from violence and exploitation.
3. That the light of Christ shine upon those involved in voodoo.
4. That good leaders may affect economic reforms to lift the nation out of poverty.
5. That extensive deforestation may be reversed.