Kuwait is a constitutional hereditary emirate ruled by Amirs. It has the fifth-largest oil reserves in the world. Kuwait was the first Arab country in the Gulf to have an elected parliament. In 2005, parliament gave women the right to vote and stand as candidates. The government sponsors many social welfare and public works.
Sorrowful Mysteries: Intentions for Kuwait
1. That a harvest of justice may spring from the selfless work of government and civic leaders.
2. That migrant workers be welcomed and treated with fairness
3. That the Emir will rule justly for the benefit of all citizens.
4. That the wealth from the land may benefit all citizens
5. That the government can create jobs outside the oil sector